Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Un-Green Things

I can't be too hard on myself, we are already a lot greener than a lot of people we know, but I know there are lots of areas I, and my family, can improve on.

1. Electricity consumption - I know for a fact we could cut down on electricity if lights or televisions were ever turned off. Plus we have 3 computers going most of the time, even when people are not using them.

2. Water usage - If it's yellow....yeah that doesn't seem to fly at my house. My husband would not enjoy that AT ALL. I will admit to not flushing in the master bath if he is away, but he'll never find out. Of course the kids either flush all the time for no reason at all OR they never flush, even when it's brown. There is no rhyme or reason to it, so it's just kind of annoying either way, lol.

3. Groceries - I rarely, probably never on purpose, buy organic. I just can't bring myself to pay almost double for the same bag of carrots you know? I do try to buy as much fresh, unprocessed, unpackaged food, but I know I could do way better at that. And I would love to visit the farmer's market here in the summer, but driving there would consume a lot more gas than driving to the grocery store, so which is really better? I have been planing to call the coordinator for The Good Food Box program in our area and see how I go about being a part of that.

I know there's more, but that's enough to keep my thinking for a while.

Time for coffee, store bought, packaged, probably by children, coffee. I can't do it all at once. I do recycle the tins though.

No comments:

Post a Comment